"He who has a why to live for, can bear almost any how." - Nietzche-

Wednesday, February 18, 2009



I will never forget what it felt like to hold him close to me those first few hours after he was born. What a miracle! My kidneys started to fail after a long, hard pregnancy and twenty-four hours of labor. They had to give me oxygen because things got scary for McKay and me, but we made it through by miracles all over and angels standing by. I carried him all the way to thirty-seven weeks, which was amazing. Doctor Esplin kept saying, "If you can just make it to twenty-four weeks he'll be ok." "If you can just make it to thirty weeks everything will be fine." and "Anything over thirty-two weeks is gravy." I was prepared for any circumstance. I knew the risks, the complications and the probabilities. When they put his tiny little body in my arms I was so tired and cold and honestly I felt totally overwhelmed, but I knew that I held a physical embodiment of God's love there in my arms. And he surpassed all the dreams I had had of his face and perfection. This amazing little man was my responsibility and I knew God would give me strength beyond my own to see that he will get the love and nurturing he needs.



























1 comment:

clintandmicah said...

What a miracle! Can you believe everything you went through to get that little angel. I am so happy he has blessed your life so much. Give him a big kiss from us.